- I did not and would never use the client’s name, gender, sport or any other information, ever.
- I asked both the client and the parent if I could share our text conversation, and they both allowed me to do so.
- For better understanding of this example, this individual is an incoming freshman on a top five ranked team in the state…
- For your convenience, I will underline the key messages in our conversation
Recently, I had a client of mine trying out for the varsity team, at their high school. During the two day tryout their parents noticed that they were struggling, so they shot me a text to offer them some encouraging words.
Here is the conversation through text messages…
Me: Do you believe that you are worthy of being on this team?
Client: Not at the moment?
Me: Whatever you believe is true. There’s nothing you can do physically, skilfully, mentally or emotionally to improve your ability now. This is all about believing in yourself and trusting that what you have created is good enough to make the team.
Client: I understand. What I have created right now, isn’t going to make varsity, so I have to play to my potential and believe in myself and trust myself. Instead of letting my poor mental attitudes take hold of me.
Me: Client, your entire life will be filled with underdog moments. I’m in some myself right now. Sometimes being too realistic or so what you think is to be true… Does not and will not ever serve you and what you can manifest. When you limit yourself, because logically it makes sense… You are going to sabotage yourself so that your belief becomes true. It’s your choice to believe in what you want… But, what you believe right now is not serving you one bit. I suggest you take a hard look at yourself in the mirror through the lens of your heart and figure out what you’re made of… Are you going to be unbreakable or not? Make yourself proud!
Client: I choose to be unbreakable. Thank you.
The next day after the tryouts…
Client: I won both matches today! And made Varsity!
Me: Proud of you! ???
Are you proud of yourself?
Why are you proud of yourself?
What was different from yesterday to today?
Client: Yes! I am proud because I believed in myself and accomplished what I lacked the past few days. I used my mental attitude to stay positive and relaxed.
Me: Absolutely!!! Keep it up!
Client: Thank you so much!
Me: If you make yourself proud every day… That will be your gratitude to your mom and I forever onward.
This specific situation has much more that meets the eye, but for the sake of this blog’s message, I chose to focus on their initial inability to see their worth and make themselves proud. They believed that they were not good enough for the team. The truth was they were good enough to make the team, but there was only one spot left. Getting picked last could be perceived as uncool, so they felt bad for themselves and started giving up; thinking they weren’t going to have an integral part on the team.
We can all relate to all parts of this case study…
- We’ve all had hopes and dreams of being something we are currently not, in our journey to our 100%.
- We’ve all complained and got frustrated with where we are currently at, in our status quo.
- We’ve all had a delusional illusion of our reality of where we are currently at, compared to others.
- We’ve all had hopes, dreams and ambitions to be something. When we disrespect ourselves and don’t believe we are good enough to obtain our hopes, dreams and ambitions, we no longer give 100% energy, focus and effort towards our mission. Giving ourselves no chance to manifest our desired results… making us miserable and disappointed with ourselves, because we sabotaged ourselves and are now filled with regret…
Today, I want to challenge you, to see and know your worth, RIGHT NOW!
Today, I want to challenge you, to see and know the worth that you striving towards, RIGHT NOW!
Today, I want to challenge you, to believe that when you know the worth that you possess, right now… And to believe that you will have the worth that you are striving for, right now… YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE YOUR 100% ENERGY, FOCUS AND EFFORT TOWARDS YOUR MISSION… This is forever onward, your STANDARD, day in and day out.
When you do this, you will make yourself proud. Not because the odds are in your favor to achieve your desire(s), but because you have controlled everything you could. And the feeling you have before peace and bliss, is PRIDE in yourself… Knowing you left no stone left unturned.
Know your WORTH and make yourself PROUD today!
Build your BRILLIANCE,